Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Q: Is your work guaranteed ?
    A: Yes, all of our work carries a 12 month guarantee
  2. Q: Are you fully insured should you break or damage something in my home ?
    A: Yes we have £2 million public liability insurance
  3. Q: Do you charge a call-out fee ?
    A: We believe our pricing to be transparent and fair. We charge you £55 for initial call-out plus a half hour’s work and we then charge £30 for each additional half hour. The extra cost in the first half hour covers our travelling cost from our base to your home (we don’t charge you for our return journey). Please feel free to ask us for a no-obligation quote prior to calling us out.
  4. Q: Do you offer an emergency call-out service
    A: Yes, we are on call 24 hours per day / 7 days per week
  5. Q: Are you “Part P” registered
    A: Yes we are ELECSA registered contractors and as such ELECSA will issue building compliance documentation for yourself and your local authority. This means that you don’t have to pay for the local authority to inspect our work as is required by Part P of the building regs.
  6. Q: I’m buying a house, are the electrics safe?
    A: The best way to know what you are buying is to commission an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR). Depending on the size of property, these cost around £100 and will detail the condition of the system, and any faults found. This is the only definitive method of judging an installation as sensitive equipment is used to test every cable in the property. Call us on 020 8265 4069 / 07717411514 (mob) if you would like to arrange an EICR
  7. Q: Do I need my house re-wired?
    A: Since wiring regulations change over time, older properties often have different coloured cables to today. This in itself is not a problem. Very old wiring systems may not have an Earth (or CPC) and this is a major problem. Another possible problem is that the plastic insulation on your wiring degrades over time and eventually means the wiring needs to be replaced. This will be tested in an EICR.
  8. Q: I am thinking of renting out my property, what do I need to do?
    A: To rent out a property you need to supply the Landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate, and an EICR and/or an Electrical Installation Certificate (An installation Certificate will be issued after major works are carried out).
  9. Q: An MCB / RCD keeps tripping out, can you change it?
    A: Yes, although in the vast majority of cases the RCD or MCB are working perfectly, and the wiring or appliances are at fault.
  10. Q: Do I need an Electrician for this small job?
    A: If you are unsure, need advice, or would like to discuss an upcoming project, please don’t hesitate to call us on 020 8265 4069  or 07717411514

Please feel free to call us with any other questions that you might have.